Definition of personal information. “Personal information” is information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, photos, address, telephone number, email address or credit card number, or other contact or demographic information that that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information). Personal information does not include “aggregate information,” which is data we collect about the use of our sites, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This statement does not restrict or limit our collection and use of aggregate information.
Information collected by CCHCP. We do not collect personal information/personally identifiable information on our site unless you provide it to us knowingly. CCHCP only gathers personal information when submitted by you voluntarily; for example, when you register or apply for one of our courses, apply for one of our scholarships, order one of our publications, make a donation, or sign up to receive our newsletter(s).
As with most other websites, our web server automatically recognizes certain information about your device when you visit our website. This information includes your browser type and operating system; web pages on our website that you view; links you click; your device’s IP address; the length of time you visit our website; and the referring URL or the web page that led you to our website. We use the information we automatically collect to help diagnose problems with our server and to improve the content of our website. We may also from time to time use this information for our online marketing efforts.
We use automated tools such as Google Analytics to collect information about the usage of our website. We use these tools to improve the performance of our website and improve your experience on our website. The data that is collected by Google Analytics about our website is presented to CCHCP in the aggregate. Google Analytics collects data such as the type listed in the paragraph above: how often visitors visit our website, what pages they visit, and what sites they used prior to visiting our website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit, rather than your name or other personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our site, this cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to our website by disabling cookies on your browser.
You can also download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Disclosure of your information. We do not share the personal information we collect from you on our sites with third parties, except as described in this policy. For example, we may share personal information in order for our third party service providers to carry out their work, in response to legal process, and to protect us and others, as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work with us in connection with the operation of our website or the services we provide, such as processing and delivery of the publications or other material you order from us, and who need access to that type of information to carry out their work for CCHCP.
- When you give us your consent to do so.
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes, or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders.
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect CCHCP or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our site.
- To enforce or apply this policy or our other policies and agreements.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organization assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of CCHCP.
In addition, you understand that when you use our sites, information you provide through the sites (such as by commenting or sharing a story, etc.) may be publicly available.
Security of your information. We use administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.